The 50th anniversary of the Rolex 24 At Daytona showcases the world’s best drivers competing against each other for 24 hours on Daytona’s challenging and demanding 3.56-mile road course. Fifty Plus Racing will complete in the ultra-competitive Daytona Prototype Class (DP), one of the fastest classes on the grid and the most highly visible – made even more so by our marque driver, Brian Johnson.
DAYTONA PROTOTYPE CLASS – DP
• Daytona Prototypes are mid-engine race cars purpose-built for competition
• Capable of speeds in excess of 190 mph
• Latest in safety technology, including carbon fiber side-impact panels and a multi-point roll cage. P
• Each chassis is designed by one of five sanctioned chassis constructors with strict GRAND-AM rules to keep competition close.
• Engines are production-based and include power plants from BMW, Ford, Chevrolet, and Porsche.
• Engines produce about 500 horsepower and have five- or six-speed sequential gearboxes.
• Daytona Prototypes also have a minimum weight of 2,275 pounds.