The 52nd anniversary of the Rolex 24 At Daytona showcases the world’s best drivers competing for 24 hours on Daytona’s challenging and demanding 3.56-mile road course. Fifty Plus Racing will compete in the ultra-competitive Daytona Prototype Class (DP), one of the fastest classes on the grid.
DAYTONA PROTOTYPE CLASS – DP
- Daytona Prototypes are mid-engine race cars purpose-built for competition
- Capable of speeds in excess of 190 mph
- Latest in safety technology, including carbon fiber side-impact panels and a multi-point roll cage.
- Each chassis is designed by one of five sanctioned chassis constructors with strict IMSA | TUDOR United SportsCar Championship rules
- Engines are production-based and include power plants from BMW, Ford, Chevrolet, and Porsche.
- Engines produce about 500 horsepower and have five- or six-speed sequential gearboxes.
- Daytona Prototypes also have a minimum weight of 2,275 pounds.